A Few Things I Know About My Grandma

My grandma's name was Ollie Marie Vinson Lee. But she hated the name Ollie and always went by Marie. She grew up in rural central Texas, born in a town that is now at the bottom of Lake Leon near Eastland. She had a master's degree in education, loved fishing, raised three great kids, including my dad, and had her world turned upside down when my grandpa died twenty years ago. She was brave and always faithful to our Lord and Savior.

She died in 2010 and that is how I came into possession of her recipe boxes. I will blog her recipes here in hopes that her love of serving good home-cooked meals to her children and grandchildren will live on.

Comments

  1. She lives on in you and through these recipes. Can't wait to try a few. Cris S.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment